Sunday, March 20, 2016

Virtual Horse Ranch 3D in Alpha


Game: Virtual Horse Ranch 3D
Engine: Unity
Status: Alpha
Site: http://vhr3d.com/
Company: Orbis Games
About Quote: Orbis Games LLC is a software development company of online games dedicated to bringing entertainment so one can get the most enjoyment out of life. In our own niche, we have created popular games such as Virtual Horse Ranch and Virtual Pups (sold).Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/orbisgames
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/virtualhorseranch/

I have played Virtual Horse Ranch browser game for years, playing constantly when I found it and off and on throughout the years. It is one of the only horse games I keep going back to. They had a 3D version that never really made it out of beta that ran for several years but nevertheless was in very playable and I had even bought a 3 month subscription once. I rarely ever pay money into games online. VHR3D had a Kickstarter in 2015 that fell short but Orbis games then opened their own goal store on the site. I bought the alpha package for 15$ usd months ago and it started at the end of February. They also had a live twitch event back in January which I and many attended and got to ask questions as well as make preliminary suggestions.

I was late in downloading the Alpha as I'd been almost constantly sick this year and I've just gotten over strep. As its in Alpha there isn't much to the game yet but there are no major game crashing bugs as yet. As with any Alpha I always expect the worst and never panic. As a former QA at DAZ3D, if I crash, I try to reproduce it so I can better tell the developer what's causing it. The graphics are fairly good, I pretty much like the UI style, the 3D elements are nice, I'm only noticing very small adjustments that need to be made with individual breeds, some of the manes need adjusting, a tail was missing in ride mode on one breed, and there is a polygon glitch under the eyes. You can currently capture horses from the menu, buy horses, train them, event them, talk to other players in chat, go riding (you only see the horse), and breed them. The Riding Mode for right now is very basic.

Shannon/Nef is usually logged on should there be issues or you can go to the blog to report issues. I've high hopes for this games, check out the twitch channel and the saved broadcast, the 2nd and 3rd will have all the goodies, realistic genetics,  planned avatars, ranch models, realistic movement that is also affected by genetics and training, and much more. If you want to see this made a game there is still time to purchase the alpha package or other specific ones before they close  those for a general funding page.

Training tips so far:
Train any in Conditioning first to boost their Endurance, train to 10% green at least, Train their best 2-3 stats next and train to 20% green at least before breeding. If you want better stats on the foals you have to have their stats built up 20%. It's not overpowered though, you'll need to constantly do this each generation to get better stats. Event based on their stats.

What each training type does:
Therapy- unused?
Barrels - Speed, Endurance, Agility
Conditioning - Endurance
Dressage - Intelligence, Movement, Agility
Gait Training - Movement
Groundwork - Intelligence
Harness - Strength
Poles - Agility
Sprint - Speed

You can capture 50 Wild horses, its randomised what you get. Keep what you like, sell any you don't, I sold mine for 1coin each. I trained my Quarter horse and stock types and put the rest in the pasture for storage.

and... a screenies! I've found 3 environments so far by following the paths, 2nd map - swamp not pictured.


No comments:

Post a Comment